My Christmas wish list for 2014:
- That we all celebrate this day with love and compassion in our hearts for each other, no matter the burden we carry.
- That those in need will find a gift at their door this Christmas of hope and joy, that their needs will be filled, their stomachs full, and their homes warm.
- That every kid will get a gift, even if it is not the latest game or the hottest fad, that they all experience the gifts of kindness from another person this season.
- That we will all be safe in our travels and that nobody will be in such a rush or distracted that they steal the joy from their families or another’s family.
- That we get to spend plenty of time with friends and family, that we enjoy each other’s company, that we remember to be patient and caring with each other.
- That those without homes will find warmth and comfort, a place to stay dry, a place to call home.
- That people will give to others first, find a charity that is doing good work and support them, or simply find a family that is struggling and help lift their spirits this season.
- That we can all find a time to relax, put work aside, and recharge our spirits. This one is tough for me.
- That we can all celebrate this season of peace without the threat of violence or fear.
- That everyone will have a great holiday season no matter their beliefs.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!