When you are selecting building products, you may never find a perfect, green solution. Here are some questions you can ask to make sure you select the best green products:
- Can I reuse what I already have?
- Can I donate or recycle what I no longer want?
- What product can I choose that will last a long time?
- Can I select a product that is made from recycled materials?
- Can I choose a product that can be recycled at the end of its lifetime?
- Does this product come from a sustainable source?
- How much energy did it take to make and ship this product?
- How much energy will it take to maintain this product?
- What impact does this product have on indoor air quality?
- How much does it cost?
Having green products will keep your environment clean, your wallet happy, and your family healthy. Read more about the effects of harmful household products here.