The relationship between moisture and the walls of your home can be a complicated balance. If your home doesn’t have enough moisture it can result in dryness of your respiratory system, cracked wood, and nose bleeds, whereas too much moisture in your home can harm not only your health but the structure of your house. An overabundance of moisture in the home can bring in unwanted visitors such as mold, termites, and even cockroaches.
According to the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) mold can lead to a series of allergic reactions especially if a member of your family is allergy sensitive, to begin with. While the risk of mold in walls and other areas of the home can be scary, prevention is easier than you think. It is important to use air conditioners/ humidifiers, open a window, or turn on an exhaust fan when showering, and using an exhaust hood fan when cooking. And of course, consult an architect about what wall system would work best for your home, chances are we can recommend something that will not only protect your home from dangerous moisture levels but save you money on energy bills.