It takes a unique personality to be an architect. Many people tell me that they were going to be an architect, but…. So what does it take to be an architect? Here is a list of thoughts, please add your own.
You know you are an architect if ______________________.
- Everyone thinks you make a lot of money
- All your classmates from school who were not architecture majors make twice your salary
- You truly believe that you have never actually finished a set of working drawings
- You wear a sports coat with jeans
- and they are both black
- you built a new house for yourself and started remodeling before you moved in
- you devote countless hours to a successful project where the reward is lack of punishment
- you offer design solutions to homeowners at every dinner party, even when you are not asked
- If you are out for dinner with your family and instead of talking you wonder why the wood stains don’t match
- you wear black most days
- You are more excited to start the next project than you are to finish the current project
- You own a T Square and drawing board
- You watched the Brady’s to figure out the floorplans
- Your 6-year-old can name the parts of a wall section