We have had the opportunity to design beautiful luxury homes for a variety of clients with a variety of goals. The design of a luxury home always goes beyond aesthetics – we focus on creating a unique, functional, comfortable home that facilitates the life our clients want to live in this new place. Some of the considerations we make include the following:
- Individual Style
- Luxury homes are a reflection of our client’s individual styles, tastes, personality, and experiences. This new home will be an expression of our clients through unique features, details, finishes, and spaces.
- Enhanced comfort and livability
- We focus on a deep understanding of building science and aging-in-place design strategies to best address comfort and livability in every luxury home we design. Thoughtful space planning, quality materials, and attention to detail are just part of the process as we overlay moisture movement, humidity control, indoor air quality standards, and accessibility standards.
- Low maintenance
- Using the right materials in the right place that have been time-tested provides durability for years in a luxury home. You don’t want to have to worry about fixing your home, you deserve to enjoy your home.
- Seamless indoor-outdoor connections
- The integration of indoor to outdoor spaces through large windows and doors is a key to the luxurious feeling we want for each of our custom homes. We have also seen a surge of outdoor living spaces from decks to patios to pools.
- Smart Home Technology
- There are luxury home enhancements that allow for control of lighting, climate, security, and entertainment through smart technology that we often integrate seamlessly into each design. You can manage your home easily and even predict issues before they become issues.
- A knitting room, office, gym, basketball court, wine cellar, spa bathroom, hidden pantry, or even a home theater are some examples of how luxury homes are now being personalized. We work hard to figure out what the dream requires in spaces and we incorporate that into the new home.
- While the overall design and spaces are very important, so is the attention to detail. From cabinetry to trim we set the standards and team up with the experts that can deliver the quality that is deserved in each design.
- A luxury home is designed in a way that creates an ambiance of exclusivity, style, and function. This is not to exclude anyone, rather it is to invite in the life you want to live in this new place.
- Investment Value
- We work hard to understand the real estate market so that our clients can maximize their investment in their luxury home. While there are some things that you will want to do regardless of resale value – there are others we can guide you through so that you maximize your home’s value, should you take it to market. We don’t fall for the fads, we incorporate timeless high-quality design options in every project.
- Our luxury homes are unique in their shape, forms, mechanical systems, and structural elements – but not just for the sake of being different. We work hard to understand the construction materials and systems available and to know how to build a luxury home to match your dreams most economically.
In summary, an architect is required to achieve a true luxury home that is personalized to your style and functional needs. An architect takes your home beyond the superficial aesthetics and delivers something specific to your dreams. The attention to detail starts in the mechanical system and extends to the cabinetry and trim. I have heard years after someone has enjoyed their luxury home how our design has made their dream life more possible.
“I don’t know how you knew we would need that in our home, but it works, and we love it.”