Gaines Group Architects is growing again. Join our team in the Charlottesville office as an entry-level architectural intern.
We are searching for a community-focused entry-level design professional to add to our team. The architectural intern position will serve to support the development of all types and styles of projects with a focus on multi-family. You will get experience in all phases of design as well as client relationship building. We collaborate on everything and work as a team on all projects.
We are looking for someone with a servant’s heart that loves all types and styles of architecture. We will help you along the way to learn and grow as a designer. A strong applicant will have a desire to understand building science and constructability of all project types.
We are more interested in finding the right addition to our team than in a particular skill set.
Tasks you may do on a typical day:
- Construction Documents
- Client meetings
- Job site visits
- Field Verification
- Greet visitors and callers in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Architectural or Interior Design degree from an accredited university
- Familiarity with AutoCAD, Revit, Adobe, and Sketch-up
- Reliable, self-motivated, independent, adaptable, and versatile with an enthusiastic collaborative spirit.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), and Acrobat.
- Excellent critical thinking skills with exacting attention to detail.
- An ability to manage multiple priorities and diverse responsibilities.
- Strong verbal, written, and visual communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of construction documents and the design and construction processes.
With 36 years of experience in Virginia, this award-winning architecture and interior design firm works hard to deliver excellent service at an affordable price. With offices in Charlottesville and Harrisonburg, Gaines Group Architects can serve design needs anywhere in Virginia, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, or North Carolina. Constantly looking for the best answer, we work tirelessly to stay on top of the latest trends and best practices in the construction industry. We believe strongly in being in service to our community and the right person for this position will share that passion.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Based on Experience
Send your resume and portfolio to Charles@thegainesgroup.com