Easy ways to Save Money in Harrisonburg, Virginia
The five most important things you should do this summer to save money on your energy bill are:
- weatherstrip around all doors – if you can see light coming around the door, then air is coming into your home.
- insulate your attic access – scuttle or pull down stair, make it air tight and install insulation or an attic tent to keep the cool air in the cool space
- caulk around all electrical outlets inside and out – this is a common leak
- install a programmable thermostat (take off the cover and make the electrical box airtight)
- get an energy audit by a BPI certified professional
Comments : Off