15 Questions to Ask Yourself Before You Hire an Architect
Designing a home is a complex process with many questions, decisions, and choices to be made. You need a licensed design professional to help you achieve the best solution possible. Your architect needs you to be open and forthcoming with your hopes and dreams in order to translate your wants into a design. Here are 15 questions to ask yourself before you hire an architect:
1. What do you like about your current home?
2. What do you not like about your current home?
3. What do you want in a new home that you don’t have now?
4. What style home do you love? (pictures are worth a 1000 words)
5. Is your home the place the entire family gathers for the holidays? Is it the place for the neighborhood kids to gather? Do you work from home? Do you love to entertain?
6. How much time and energy do you want to spend maintaining your home?
7. Do you want to be able to expand your home in the future?
8. Do you want low energy bills?
9. Do you want to live in this home for 3 years? 10 years? Lifetime?
10. Do you enjoy cooking meals from scratch? Baking?
11. Do family members have special needs? Mobility? Sight? Autism?
12. How much do you want to spend on your home?
13. How does your building site impact the design of your home?
14. How much time do you have for design and construction?
15. How comfortable are you making selections that mesh together for a holistic design?
If you’re looking to hire an architect for your next home, give us a call so we can help you through this complex and rewarding process.
For more questions on building your home, read this post.