The year is at an end and I am looking forward to a better 2011. This past year was rough for many in the construction industry, with the architectural profession hitting the 47% unemployment mark nationally. We certainly have struggled at our firm, but through our struggle we have found opportunities for success.
2010 Gaines Group Success List
1. Our firm was able to keep our full staff through the slow economy.
2. Our work with great clients on jobs ranging from commercial retail upfit, camp building,residential renovation, custom residential, multi-family, to commercial office space.
3. The completion of the LEED certified Industrial facility in Fluvanna County.
4. Our design of the first EarthCraft Certified Light Commercial project outside the state of Georgia.
5. The use of our residential renovation project in Crozet as a backdrop by U.S. Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack as a National Backdrop to promote Rural Star.
6. The ground breaking of a 24,000 sf commercial office building on Pantops that will include the new home of The Gaines Group Charlottesville.
7. The creation of the “Living Series” in collaboration with A.M. Yoder and Company, which gives our residential clients another option for custom green homes.
8. The completion of construction on our LEED for Homes Habitat for Humanity project in Charlottesville.
9. The completion of construction on our LEED for New Construction office building in Grottoes, Virginia.
10. The start of our latest LEED for Homes project in Greene County.